NFG #2 Federal Credit Union meets our members financial planning needs with a wide variety of savings plans. Primary Share Savings Account ... is your first step with NFG #2 Federal Credit Union. When you join the Credit Union, this account acts as your "share" of NFG #2. In addition to being an excellent plan for savings, the primary share account serves at the hub for all other services with the Credit Union.
- Opened with a minimum balance of $25.00
- Minimum balance to earn dividends on this account is $25.00
- Transfer funds from Primary Share Savings to other accounts
- Use it for overdraft protection for your checking account
- Obtain a "share secured" loan
- Sign up for payroll deposits into your Primary Share Savings and watch your savings grow.
Share draft(checking) accounts
What other financial institutions call a checking account, Credit Unions call our share draft account. These accounts work just like a checking account in that you still write paper drafts that authorize the deduction of funds from your account, you receive a monthly statement for verification of balances. You can access your share draft account with our MasterCard Debit Card or our ATM Card, make transfers between your share draft and other sub accounts using our Voice Response Unit (VRU).
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited check writing
- ATM and Debit card access to your funds.
- Low-fee overdraft protection
- Free box of share drafts annually
- Electronic deposits of payroll, Social Security, or pensions.
- Electronic transfers out of your share draft for bill payment.
Money market accounts
For our members who may be able to maintain a higher balance in their accounts, but still would like immediate and easy access to their funds, we offer the NFG #2 Money Market account.
With a minimum average daily balance of $1,500 our members receive a dividend higher than our regular share dividend rate, with unlimited transfers between their Money Market account and other accounts with the Credit Union.
Click here to view our rates.
NFG #2 Share Certificates are for our members looking to receive a higher rate of return than a regular share account. These have absolutely NO RISK and are GOVERNMENT INSURED. Available terms are six months to five years.You must have an existing open Share Savings Account and provide a photo ID. A minimum deposit of only $500 will get you started earning money with a NFG #2 Share Certificate.
Features and benefits:
- NCUA insured up to $250,000
- High dividend rate on return
- Regular share certificates
- Income share certificates
- Dividends paid monthly
- Posted into your share account
An NFG #2 FCU IRA Account is the next best thing to having a money tree in your backyard. With a little patience, and steady contributions, you will see your IRA grow into an account that will help provide safety and security for you and your family for years to come. First, you must have an existing open Share Savings Account and provide a photo ID. Restrictions do apply so call the Credit Union for more details.
Features and benefits:
- Traditional IRA
- Offers a savings option of tax-deferred interest
- Your contributions are pre-taxed which will allow the interest that is earned to thrive - tax free! This is a powerful tool in creating a reinforced retirement plan.
- Can be used as an additional cushion for your retirement
- Can be withdrawn after you are 59 1/2 - this will be treated as taxable income.
- Roth IRA
- Offers a savings option of after-tax earnings
- Your yearly contribution is limited
- Can be withdrawn after you are 59 1/2 - tax free!
Our various club accounts are a great way to plan for special occasions. Save for the holidays, that dream vacation, or use a club account to save for taxes and college tuition payments. You must have an existing open Share Savings Account and provide photo ID - that's it!
Christmas club account
- Still paying off those christmas bills? You wouldn't be if you had opened a NFG #2 Christmas Club Account.
- Don't get caught again, save for next holiday season, a little at a time.
- Distribution of your Christmas Club Accounts is made by transfer into your Share Savings Account, around October 1st of each year. Funds cannot be withdrawn prior to the October transfer time.
Vacation club account
- A great way to save for that dream vacation
- NFG#2 will help you save by offering deposits over-the-counter; using direct deposit of your payroll, social security, or pension. You can also transfer from any of your existing NFG #2 FCU accounts.
- No minimum balance
- Earned dividends posted quarterly
- Withdraw whenever you need to
Kids club account
- This account works very similar to the Vacation club account. You can make deposits and withdraws in the same manner.
- We love to celebrate at NFG #2 FCU, and we went to celebrate with your child by sending them gifts! (For kids 12 and under) Children who have a Kids club account could receive:
For convenient 24 access to you Credit Union account, apply for a NFG #2 ATM card. Our Credit Union participates in the surcharge free program throughout Pennsylvania, so you have access to hundreds of credit union owned ATM machines.
Our ATM machine is now available for your convenience 24/7. Our ATM is surcharge free to NFG #2 FCU ATM issued cards, as well as those Credit Union issued cards participating in the CU Dollar program.
MasterCard debit cards
it looks like a credit card but works like cash or checks. You can use you debit card at stores, gas stations, restaurants ... any place that takes MasterCard.
Debit cards are a fast and convenient way to access your money 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Unlike a charge card, a debit card accesses your share draft (checking) account with the Credit Union. You are not borrowing !!!
Three ways to use your debit card
- It can be used at an ATM machine to get cash. These withdrawals can be made from either your savings or checking accounts.
- You can use your card to make a point-of-sale transaction. For example, when you go to the store and use your debit card to pay, this transaction will be withdrawn from your CHECKING account.
- You can use your debit card anywhere MasterCard credit cards are accepted. The store merchant will treat this transaction the same at a credit card transaction, but again the withdrawal will be from your CHECKING account.
Each of these three types of transactions will show on your Credit Union's monthly statement.
- Overdraft protection
- Notary services
- Money orders
- ATM cards
- MasterCard debit cards